And then she was home, happily laden with:
- three new (heavy) sweaters that I’ll surely need again next time,
- the thick gloves and ear muffs that were a godsend,
- not quite enough leggings,
- a new pair of shoes to replace the two pair that fell apart as soon as I got to Ireland,
- a baggie full of beautiful stripey rocks (WAY fewer than I wanted to bring home),
- several sets of broken pottery that I haven’t yet had time to reassemble into something fabulous,
- notes for my next trip to Ireland,
- 215 emails that need responses,
- the joy of laughing with favorite old and new friends,
- the opportunity to try new things: new art, new hikes, new food,
- a brand new grandson who sleeps like clouds from heaven,
- beautiful gardens all gloriously blooming and a sweet husband who keeps them that way,
- and several handfuls of notes for my next trip (to Barcelona in June!)
Because we’re not getting any younger.
Love to All!
One thought on “Home from Ireland”
Gotta keep moving!
LikeLiked by 2 people